Whoa. Am I the only one who’s a bit perplexed that 2011 is already a quarter of the way over? Time certainly has been flying and it occurred to me recently that I haven’t done a retrospective on all the great events in my life that transpired in 2010.
Looking back, I can’t say that it was a banner year for me, but it was certainly on par with the theme of my life as of late — busy.
2010, a recap:
- Ran the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon for the 3rd straight year
- Ran my 4th marathon in July — The SF Marathon [4:10]
- Ran my 5th marathon in December — The California International in Sacramento [4:20:10]
- Practiced a year’s worth of unlimited Bikram Yoga!!
- Traveled to Spain with Megan Gordon [cities visited included: Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Granada + Sevilla]
- Threw a smashing Red + Black-inspired Birthday Party!!
- Attended Winter Music Conference, Coachella Music + Arts Festival and Electric Zoo for the first time!
- Attended Outside Lands Music Festival and Treasure Island Festival for the 2nd time!
- Visited Yosemite National Park for the first time
- Signed up to ride the AIDS/LifeCycle ride!
- Spent Christmas in New York!
- Made a ton of new great friends, attended a boatload of shows, have an slew of new memories in my memory bank.
Damn. I guess 2010 was pretty kick ass.
As for 2011, it’s already moving at a pace that is difficult for me to keep up with. I ran the Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon for the 4th straight year, I bought a new road bike, I got a promotion at work, I popped over to Barcelona for a long weekend, I traveled to Los Angeles, New York [x2], Dallas and Seattle, I signed up for another year of unlimited Bikram Yoga, I’m a confirmed participant at the SF Marathon in July… and I’m moving…. and it’s only the middle of March! I can’t help but feel really optimistic for all that the year ahead will bring, though I recognize that with all of this activity, it’s become even more critical for me to carve out some time, just for me.
We’ll see how it goes… ;)